On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 20:17:14 +0900, Krishna Dole <dontfall / gmail.com> wrote:

>> 1. Take fresh Ruby install (must be on Windows)
>> 2. Install RubyGems
>> 3. Install RedCloth by gem install redcloth
>> 4. Modify \ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\gems\RedCloth3.0.3\redcloth.rb by
>> adding puts 'HERE' in the beginning.
>> 5. ruby -w -e "require 'RedCloth'"

FWIW, I had a similar experience with a lib, whose name I've forgotten
(don't you just love this precision), but the problem disappeared after
I removed an environment variable RUBYOPT (IIRC) which seemed to have
survived from an *earlier* ruby installation.

So you might check your environment and remove suspicious RUBY.... variables.

HTH
s.