> > [..snip..]
> > Python because of its Perl roots.
>
> I find this somewhat baffling.  I'm aware that Matz was influenced by
> certain aspects of Perl, but I really don't see any alleged
> "Perl roots"
> when coding Ruby.  (My biased take is that this is something
> Pythonitas
> like to toss out about any language that allows more than one
> way to do
> anything.)

At least for someone who never coded Perl, the mere existance
of the following is kind of frightening:

This reminds me in a sad way of some realy unreadable Makefiles
and is (again, to a non perler) strongly associated with the
coding style of perl. (which may be bogus)

I'm not aware of a single meaning of the above and I have no
intention to change this. (and no need fortunately, if I had
to I wouldn't read this ML)

cheers

Simon