> In the second one, the map doesn't have a block associated with it --
> the block is associated with the puts instead. The map with the
> empty block effectively does nothing, and the puts never calls the
> block given to it.

So then it would make sense (for clarity) to use the do .. end when
your intent is to act upon an object in the block.  When you are
interested in the output of the method with lowest (?) order of
precedence, you would have to use the {..} block form.  I think I am
saying this correctly.  Thanks for the info.

-Jamal