Joe,

Suggestions, no expertise, grain of salt, etc.

Joe Van Dyk wrote:

>I have a couple main reasons why I prefer Ruby over Python:

Are they the same reasons that the company should prefer Ruby over
Python? (In what cases?) If so:

>1)  Simple to extend existing applications written in C with Ruby.
>2)  Great syntax
>3)  Blocks
>4)  DRb
>5)  Rails

If you've got a lot of free time on your hands, implement each of these
as actual Python vs Ruby code samples, and then draw conclusions based
on reasons deduction from examination of the samples. (You can see here
how such-and-such is easier to implement, hence resulting in less
duplication.) Tie everything back to dollar amounts, but show your work.
Don't try to cover up the fudge factor -- measuring programming
productivity is a bit of a black art.

I didn't at all answer your question, but that's because I'm not
familiar enough with Python. I read through 5 chapters of "Dive Into
Python," got disgusted, and decided to try Ruby instead. Boy am I glad I
did.

Devin