On Aug 18, 2005, at 4:38 PM, Seth Thomas Rasmussen wrote:

> Now we just need the person in charge of that site's stylesheet to
> change
> that red-on-black combo. It's very bad for my vision in particular.
> I can't
> really read the list in the left column at all. :(

I am that person, so here's the official word, from the horse's mouth
as it were...  ;)

The current Ruby Quiz site has been end-of-lifed for many reasons I
won't bore you with.  I am currently developing its replacement.
(Those who've been paying attention know I've been saying that for
months now, but I promise it really will be up before too much
longer!  I've been using all my free time on the _other_ Ruby Quiz
project, so don't be too mad at me...)

Anyway, you are not the first person to complain about the colors and
I do intend to address the issue in the new site.  I promise to post
the design for comments when it's ready and respond to criticisms
raised.

I'm not really interested in pouring any more effort into the current
site (other than maintaining it), since I would rather spend the
little free time I have finally finishing the new design.  So, for
now it is a problem and it's probably going to stay a problem for
just a little longer, yes.  :(  I apologize for that.

Hopefully this doesn't affect people too much since the quiz is
conducted here, entirely in plain text.  You can also use Google
Groups to access the old treads in a similar fashion, for now.

On a happier note, there will be a new quiz to play with tomorrow
morning and I would like to personally welcome you to the Ruby
community.  I hope you enjoy your stay!

Thanks for the feedback.  I apologize again about the site colors.

James Edward Gray II