In article <20050818193338.C0A2533D5F / beryllium.ruby-lang.org>,
Dion Almaer <dion / almaer.com> wrote:

>Who needs specs when you can just have exegenesis/apocalypse style fluffing
>around? :)
>
>A spec would be good from a "business" sense. I know of a few large
>companies that are worried about "betting on one Japanese fellow".

I don't get it, what's the issue?  Ruby as it exists in it's current form
is usable - How would a language spec make them feel any better?  I could
see it if Ruby wasn't open source - then Matz could disappear and the
source code with him.  But since the Ruby source is all over the place
even if Matz were to disappear (heaven forbid) Ruby would still be around
and usable.

Phil