http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/rails/index.html

> But speaking of Rails, how easy is it to find some Rails-supported hosting
> out there?

http://www.textdrive.com

They are currently moving to a new datacenter and upgrading all their
hardware, so they weren't taking new customers the last time I
checked.  I think they'll take new customers within a week or two.

There's also http://www.dreamhost.com.

> Hmm, this message feels rather scatterbrained. I guess I'm just looking for
> a little guidance from the community. How did you get into Ruby? Etc.

There's a Ruby Quiz every week starting on a Friday.  Good exercise to do those.