On 8/18/05, Chris Hamilton <chris / ambigc.com> wrote:
> Hi, what I would like to do is store not just data, but the actual code running
> in a system in something like Og.  It would be similar to how Zope (I think)
> runs objects from its database.  I would like to introduce the concept of
> versioning classes. ie. There could be a 'stable' version of a class that the
> site is using by default while a developer is testing and modifying a new
> version of the class on the same system.

I'm not sure that this will work at this point, as running code can't
be stored -- nor can singleton objects (e.g., Marshal.dump, etc.,
don't work on Proc or singleton objects). That said, you could version
the source code to classes and modify your require to look in the
database first.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com