Gaston Garcia wrote:
> On another ruby file saved as 'my_string_reader.rb' I write:
>
> require 'my_string'
> puts 'my_string'
>
> I thought that would output my 'hello world', but I get "undefined local
> variable or method 'my_string' for main:Object (NameError)

Gaston, welcome to Rubydom.  We've proven that we can be funny, but now
you get to see how helpful we are.

This is an error in the book.  You might want to read the newer version
at...

  http://qa.poignantguide.net/

...for now.  I'm working on a new design and the book has a bunch of
fixes on that site.

In the new version, you'll notice I'm storing stuff in the CODE_WORDS
constant rather than a code_words variable.  Ordinary variables cannot
be loaded through a `require'.  But constants can.

That's all.  Nothing more.

_why