Brian Mitchell wrote:
> What do you guys think? Should we embrace a spec driven system or just
> continue to use ruby as the reference implementation? Should we
> continue our current ways but have a spec as further documentation?

I don't think now is a very good time to write out a specification,
because the specifics are in flux as we move on to Ruby 2. Maybe once
the language is a little more stable again it would be a good idea.

In any case, I don't think we could ever have a purely spec-driven
system. If the specs were out of sync with Matz's Ruby, I imagine it
would be the specs that change, not Ruby. So it would mainly be a
descriptive thing. That's what I think.