Pit Capitain wrote:
> Trans schrieb:
> > P.S. Anyone on why #nesting isn't in Kernel?
>
> Maybe because the only thing you can nest are modules, and the result is
> a list of modules? IMO, it has nothing to do with general objects.

Actually that's my point. What you say is the common general thought,
it's exactly what I had thought, but it's isn't true. #nesting actually
has nothing to do with it's reciever 'class Module'. And has more do
with the object, namely, the nesting from _that place in the object_,
well, at least as much as __LINE__ and __FILE__ do. By analogy, we
don't use 'File.__LINE__'. Do you see what I'm getting at?

Kernel is not so much a mixin of Object, as it is a omni-accessible
toolchest for the Ruby coder.

T.