Martin Elzen wrote on 8/16/2005 3:46 PM:

>  Ruby has enough
> easyness built into it that I'm sure just about anyone who's into it can
> come up with more correct programs faster than in just about any other
> language

unfortunately, ruby has enough 'hardness' built into too. at this
point in my ruby education i'm obviously not 'thinking in ruby'.

 i'm working on a module i'm going to be using in just about every
other program i write in ruby. currently it's about 500 lines of code
but likely won't exceed 1000. i can't help thinking i should be using
'yield' (not using it more, using it period). there's not one line
where i use yield. i think it might save me a lot of code but i get
the feeling that i'd have to rethink each method in the module class.

what i have now is working and doing exactly what i want...when i
started i wasn't too worried about how the code looked.

--
http://home.cogeco.ca/~tsummerfelt1
telnet://ventedspleen.dyndns.org