I want to thank all of you who helped in this!  The file was
approximately 140MB and it chugged through in approximately 1.5 hours
(Laptop IBM T41 w/ 2MB RAM 1.6MHz processor).  Anyway, am grateful to
have the resource(s) here, especially as I am learning a new language
and have not quite got the nuances.