Benedikt,

> Hmmm...  Isn't this question similarly nonsensical as the one to find out
> whether it's possible to write an REPL in less than 70 lines just in order
> to know whether a language is good or not?

I don't think so. As a language can be more or less adapted to a kind
of problem, an IDE can be more or less adapted to a kind of work. If I
want to make a quick hack in ruby, a long-starting IDE will be a
barrier, because I don't want it to get in my way.

Last time I checked RDT was with Eclipse 1.0 and I found myself often
waiting it to finish some tasks. Waiting is not a problem for everyone,
but I feel like it's a break in my mind.

Do you get my point ?

Cheers,
.... zimba