Masao Mutoh wrote:
> Usually, we use Gtk.timeout_add with
> Gtk.main something like as:

Ok, I considered that, but since the external input will cause
various updates to GUI objects which might not be in a stable
state, I thought it would be better to delay it, which is why
I wrote:

: The reason I'm doing all this is because I don't want the "process"
: to occur in the middle of a flurry of GUI events, but at the end.

> It's not good idea to make mainloop by yourself.
> If you really need it, you need to learn GLib/GTK mainloops
> seriously. Though I don't recommand it.

Ok, I believe you. I've built such things before. There should be
a warning like this in the documentation BTW. It'd be good if some
indication of the possible consequences was offered, too.

Thanks for your help.

Clifford Heath.