On 8/16/05, ritchie <ritchie / ipowerhouse.com> wrote:

> when I'm using a connect method, how do I tell fxruby that the event
> has been handled by my routine and to stop processing, or, that I
> haven't handled the event and proceed as normal? Particularly with
> keypresses I want to handle some specific key strokes, but if I don't,
> I want to let everything run as normal and the key to be entered into
> the field automatically.

If the result of evaluating the event handler block or method is
false, or the number zero, the event is considered "unhandled" and so
the widget's key handling code should continue to do its thing. If the
result of the handler block or method is any other value (e.g. true,
or 1, or nil, whatever) the event is considered "handled".

> On a separate note when is the 1.4 branch of fxruby likely to be
> available :), can't get enough, it's working very well.

Most of the code is checked in, and I'm going through the examples to
get them up to date. Hope to have a first release of FXRuby 1.4 within
a week!