In article <200508160803.19612.khaines / enigo.com>,
 Kirk Haines <khaines / enigo.com> wrote:

> One of my clients is a construction company that has
> to schedule work crews and employees on a bunch of projects every week.
> Doing this on paper is a hassle, but with a Ajax powered Ruby web app, it's
> fast and easy.  Select a project and an employee, and a box comes up to enter
> start time and scheduled hours.  Enter those, and it pops up in the schedule
> grid.  Click on a box in the grid, and a form opens up to enter the
> information for that guy/project/day.  Edit or delete the information, and
> the changes go out to the grid.

This sounds really keen.  Two questions:

Is the representation of Rails and AJAX at
<http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2005/06/09/rails_ajax.html> fair?
It seems amazingly straightforward to do, which always pushes my doubt
buttons.

Is the above URL the best place to start when trying to learn how to use
AJAX with Rails?

(I have a budget app I have been meaning to write that needs a similar
grid structure.)

Scott

--
Scott Ellsworth