On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 06:38:30AM +0900, Berger, Daniel wrote:

> I suspect mostly the latter, with a little bit of the former mixed in
> for good measure.  I'm pretty sure the GC algorithm is different on
> Windows, though I can't remember the details now.

That's what I suspect as well.

> Any chance you could show us the relevant code?  Maybe we could help you
> with the memory footprint in general.

I'm afraid that I can't.  That's the problem when you work for a big company.  Even
though most of my work is in Ruby, I can share very little of it.  I can tell you what
it is though.  It's a SIP protocol analyzer and it builds SIP call flows in memory
from snoop files so there is alot of state that has to be kept resident in memory for
each call (and we are talking about 1000's of simultanous calls and millions of
messages).

Thanks,
Rick

--