On Tuesday 16 August 2005 2:46 pm, Isaac Gouy wrote:

> Interesting questions Matthew.
>
> imo What we learn depends on how actively we participate, and what we
> already know or assume we know, and many other factors.
>
> So I should ask
[List of questions that don't answer the prior questions deleted.]

I've been watching this debate with some interest.  I think Austin does some
harm to his position with the anger with which he seems to present it, but on
the flipside, you seem to be taking a lot of long, lazy walks around some
clear questions without actually getting to an answer.  This last reply that
you sent to Matthew's questions is a perfect example.  Answering a question
with a question isn't an answer.  It's a dance, a circumlocution, an evasion.
Answer the man's question, one at a time.  Then pose questions of your own.
That's how a debate is supposed to take place; answer a question with a
question is just weak.

Kirk Haines