daz wrote:
> mjb wrote:
>

>>I'm having problems getting the list to show in the popup.
>>
>>I've spent considerable time trying to track down an example
>>at the RAA, but have been unsuccessful.  A ComboBox example
>>should work just as well for what I need.
>>
>>If you have an example of either of the above, or link to
>>same, I'd sure appreciate it.
>>
>>Thank you.
>

> Not an example, but the documentation looks pretty good.
>
> http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?Gtk%3A%3AComboBoxEntry
>

> daz

God, I wish.  I've spent days with those docs, with no joy.

The comboboxentry displays.  I can put default text in the entry box.
The popup drops down, but it has no text.

I'm not sure if I need CellRenderer or a TreeView, or what?

Here's what I've got, though it probably has a "kitchen sink" look
about it as I'm trying everything at this point:

   def set_account_list

      # set the comboentrybox "child", the entrybox text area, to...
      @account_comboentry_box.child.set_text("hi")

      @account_comboentry_box.set_text_column(0)

      # a ListStore is a type of model (of the data)
      # _this_ model has 1 column of type String
      @account_list_store_model = ListStore.new(String)

      # create a row in the model, if number is higher than the current
number of rows,
      # data is appended to the list
      @new_row_iter = @account_list_store_model.insert(80)

#      new_row_iter.set_value(1, 'Apple')
      @account_list_store_model.set_value(@new_row_iter, 0, 'Apple')

      # view on the model
      @account_comboentry_box_model_view = TreeView.new(model =
@account_list_store_model)