Thanks Tom for those kind words.  We tried very hard not to fall into
the
trap of "Everything Ajax".  Ajax should, IMHO, only be used to make the
site easier to use, not for any core functionality.  For the most
part, the
majority of PalmSphere will still work if JavaScript is disabled (we
still have
work to do in this area...).

Re: free marketing - I agree that sometimes mailing lists are abused
to get
marketing, but over at the RoR list I see new product announcements
frequently.  It is a nice way of letting people know RoR is being
used in
"real" applications.  I felt the Ruby list would like to know too  :)

--Dave.