Thanks for the feedback.  The favorites were one of the most fun
pieces to
implement.  Normally in a project I'm so busy with O/R mappings,
configuring
frameworks, etc, that I never have time to look at the UI.  Thanks to
RoR,
we had time to look at Ajax, XHTML standards, etc.

BTW - if you want to implement something like the favorites, you need
to follow this Ajax pattern if you want the ability to mark favorites
without
forcing members to login: http://www.ajaxpatterns.org/Lazy_Registration

--Dave.