On 8/15/05, len <lsumnler / gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks
>
> I really do appreciate all of the work you did.  I'm new to Ruby and in
> many respects to this whole OO thing.  I will study and use the code
> you supplied.
>
> Quick question, I was kind of doing the same thing but I did not prefix
> the first line with Zip:: --- what is the significance.

I was thinking about my message, and realized I had perhaps come
across as harsh on RubyZip.  I wouldn't want the author to read my
post and come slash my tires or anything.

I just meant that it is (in its own words, as well) a direct port of
the Java zip library.
As such, it's very much not idiomatic Ruby.  I just wanted to make
sure you realized that as you studied it.  Don't try to make your code
look like this, unless that makes you happy.

Speaking of which.. does anyone else know what's up with the
copy_stream problem I ran into on my first try?  I've never used that
method before, so I'm not sure exactly how it should work.