Ben Myles wrote:

>Seriously though, I think the main hurdle with Instiki running on
>Lighttpd/Apache was the madeleine dependency. Once Instiki's running
>stable and fast on a SQL backend I think it should be a pretty
>straightforward process.... maybe I'm wrong though?

You are absolutely right. In fact, one should be able to host the
instiki-ar branch on FastCGI even now (not that I tried it, mind you,
but there is no known reason why it wouldn't work).

Re concurrency problems in SQLite. Thanks for the advice. I suppose, we
should write it somewhere in the docs that SQLite is for WEBRick only
(which is not non-conccurrent, anyway); serious people with serious
demands will have to choose between Postgres and MySQL.

Re creation of the database. There is a small program called
script/create_db which takes your database.yml and creates the schema
from db/*.erbsql files in whatever databases are specified. Myself, I
usually define :development and :production databases on Postgres, and
:test database on SQLite, pysically hosted on a RAMDrive (this speeds up
tests by a factor of 3). The script is not integrated with the build
yet, sorry.

Alex