Yes.  Evidently he's written a REPL for python in C (using the python
headers of course) in 70 lines.
Really, I didn't quite understand his challenge, which is part of why
I posed this question to the ML.

I think his point is to see how easy it is to see how well ruby
interoperates with other languages.

Now that I've read this thread and considered it more, I think he
just doesn't get it about ruby and nothing
I can do is going to convince him otherwise.  Only thing is he called
me a VBStudio scripter when I said I
used rails, which annoyed me enough to start thinking about this in
the first place :)

Nevertheless, I think it would still be an interesting thing to
attempt... if only to help me learn the C side of
Ruby better.

-Thanks for the suggestions
Shalev