Daniel Debertin <airboss / nodewarrior.org> writes:

HI Daniel:
> Hi,
>
> Forrest Chang <fkc_email-news / yahoo.com> writes:
>
>>     - intellisense
>>       - In the simple case, it should be too hard
>>         foo = Foo.new
>>         foo.<intellisense provides allowable methods>
>
> Take a look at http://ecb.sourceforge.net. It's a code-browser that
> uses the Semantic engine underneath to provide intellisense-like
> features. If you're using a language that's supported by Semantic (c,
> c++, Java, Python, some others), ECB is a great tool.

        I'd tried ECB on solaris and di't like it at the time, kinda cool,
but clunky definitely very.  I haven't tried it in a few years, so I'll take
a look.  I wanted to modernize the feel of some of those windows and was
thinking of supporting them via the background gui process I mentioned.

> Why is this germane to Ruby, you may ask? I'm 90% finished with a
> Semantic grammar for Ruby, and it will probably be released as part of
> Semantic in the near future. Which means you get completion,
> intellisense, and Class/Module/method mapping in ECB for free.
>
> Maybe if I get enough time I will get it into demo-able form before
> RubyConf.

  Well, I'd be happy to test drive it and possibly contribute

Forrest