James Britt ha scritto:
> Logan Capaldo wrote:

>> And also not in Python? sheesh. This is the worlds strangest challenge.
>

> It makes me think that the "... and not in Ruby" clause is there because
> he can't write a REPL for Python in less than 70 lines of Python.

I guess that writing a python repl in few lines would actually be quite
hard, due to the fact that they have different concepts for statements
and expressions.
The latter can be done at runtime with the "eval(string)" function,
while the former need the "exec string" statement (which in turn can't
be used in an expression..)

My bet is that he thought ruby had this difference, too ;)

> And what would this demonstrate about either Ruby or Python?
> That Python syntax is friendlier for machines than for humans, so a REPL
> is easier to write?

that the statement/expression separtion is ugly, imho ;)