On Sun, 14 Aug 2005, Joel VanderWerf wrote:

> What about trying a simple TCP client/server in this configuration,
> maybe starting with the sample/{tsvr,clnt}.rb in the ruby distribution
> modified to run in two threads. I'm using single-process multithreaded
> tests for TCP client/server code and it works well. It's easier to work
> in one process with the state of the whole system before, during, and
> after tests. But I don't know what else might be going on with xmlrpc.

I've thought about that, but success in that case doesn't really help
me, because it's not useful for me to test a simple client/server.  That
is, failure of the simple case, assuming it works for others, informs me
of something, but success only tells me that it works for one system but
not necessarily mine.

Do you have sample code you'd be willing to share, showing how you set
your threads up?  I've gotten quite different behaviour depending on how
I start the threads and whether I have sleep statements in them and
such, so I'm pretty curious how you do yours.

I'll create a degenerate test, though, just to see if it's all just me.

--
The Chico, California, City Council enacted a ban on nuclear weapons,
setting a $500 fine for anyone detonating one within city limits.