Daniel Berger wrote:

> Without looking at Ruport, I added support for YAML config files in
> gruf.  So, say you have a config file that looks like this:

You'd need to break into some computers to see Ruport just yet :)  It
hasn't been released yet!  However, the development head will be moved
to CVS on rubyforge when the first release comes out.  So it's only
going to be a secret until the 28th

> # foo.config
> host: blah.com
> mailhost: bar.com
> ENV:
>    LD_LIBRARY_PATH: /usr/lib
>    ORACLE_HOME: /opt/oracle
>
> Then you call Report#configure.  This will automatically generate
> "host" and "mailhost" methods (accessors) for you, with the values set
> appropriately.  The ENV tag is special in that it simply sets
> environment variables for your script (which I need sometimes).

Very neat!  I'll definitely look into something like this for Ruport.
I don't handle ENV variables yet, though my config setup (or Jame's
actually) is essentially the same.

-Greg