Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:15185] Re: Discussion on new Ruby features"
    on 01/05/16, Christian Szegedy <szegedy / or.uni-bonn.de> writes:

|Speed can constrain the usability...:)

|Of course. it is only true for a small part of the code, but it is
|still true. I would like to write as few C-extensions as possible.

I personaly encourage people to write extension if they need
performance.  That's why I worked a lot to make writing extension
easier.

|I don't give up hope.. :)

You don't have to.  But it might change Ruby's nature.  It might no
longer be Ruby, but Ruby-masked Sather, maybe.

							matz.