On 8/11/05, mathew <meta / pobox.com> wrote:
> Goel wrote:
> > Is there any benchmark of the performance of Ruby vs. C, C++, Java etc?
> >
> > I couln't find it on the ruby website.
> There's the Great Computer Language Shootout.
> <URL:http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/>

Which, as I keep reminding people, isn't worth the paper it isn't
printed on. It's a waste of time, effort, and credibility to keep
promoting it as if the people who created it know what they're doing.

Not all benchmarks are bad, but the GCLS is the least useful.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com
               * Alternate: austin / halostatue.ca