Hello Hal,

HF> Lothar Scholz wrote:
>>
>> Did you look at SWT Fox, Ivan Markov implemented an embedded
>> Gecko/MSExplorer widget as a FOX widget ?

HF> I have not heard of that... is it very "heavy"? Would I have
HF> to install a lot just to be able to embed a browser?

On windows you don't need to install anything.
On linux you must have Mozilla/Firefox installed, don't know if
it is able to detect this automatically, but i doubt it.

Can't tell you if it works, i never tried it myself but ask
Ivan Markov <ivan.markov at sciant dot com>

>> I did this for the class browser in ArachnoRuby 0.6.
>> It's a lot of work to implement it, even if the line count
>> is only around 5000 lines.

HF> I probably am thinking a smaller more simplistic tool, very
HF> poor in features. But I don't want to implement it unless
HF> I have to.

Depends on what you want to do. But 5000 lines came together very
quickly. I would guess that about 70% of my code is just basics that
you must implement anyway.

HF> What toolkit did you use for ArachnoRuby? It's not open
HF> source, is it?

It is FOX, i only added some customized subclasses (for example for
FXTreeListItem etc.) and replaced the whole menu system with my own
implementation.