((FYI: This was sent to the Ruby mail list.))

PLEASE use comp.lang.misc for all Ruby programming/technical
questions/discussions!!!

I think it is best to post ONLY to the comp.lang.misc, because I've noticed
that people are still responding to the mail list rather than to
comp.lang.misc. I think it would be better if the only response (if any)
sent to the Ruby mail list is "Please see comp.lang.misc for my response".

(If you read this note on the Ruby mail list, and you want to respond to it,
please respond ONLY on comp.lang.misc, where this note is also being
posted.)

Please start your comp.lang.misc subject lines with "Ruby:", so that Matz
and the rest of us can easily identify Ruby posting.

(request for discussion), we have decided to try using comp.lang.misc for at
least the next few weeks. This won't do us any good unless nearly EVERYONE
cooperates.

It might also be a good idea if the Ruby home pages (both English and
Japanese) prominently mentioned "comp.lang.misc" and requested that "Ruby: "
be used on the subject line. (It might also be a good idea if the new Ruby
FAQ page also mentioned the same things.) Also, when new people subscribe to
the Ruby mail list during the next few weeks, could a copy of this note
automatically be sent to them?

Conrad