Hi Michael,

It would be great if you can take notes as you go.  As Rails and web-
applications in Ruby grow more popular, I'm sure we'll have more and
more converts from PHP.  It would be really handy to have a set of
notes that say "If you're used to doing X in PHP, in Ruby you do it
as Y".  The lack of uniform, available, well-focused documentation is
a known problem in Ruby, but we do want to fix it.  One place to
start is redesigning the web site.  We're working on that.  If you
can think of specific ideas to make things better, we'd love to hear.

As a general case, eventually I think we'd love to have special
documentation on transitioning from various other languages to Ruby,
but unless you've recently done that transition, or can pick the
brain of someone who did, it's hard to know what to say.  PHP to Ruby
is one bit of info we really know we need.  Another is Perl to Ruby,
and Python to Ruby.  There is more info out there on Java to Ruby,
but it seems to be pretty scattered.

I hope your Ruby learning experience ends up being a pleasant one!

Ben