James Edward Gray II <james / grayproductions.net> writes:

> On Aug 9, 2005, at 12:23 PM, zedshaw / zedshaw.com wrote:
>
>> Actually, yes.  I'm working on the Ruby/Event library.  It's a C
>> extension
>> for libevent.  I built a small framework on top of this called Myriad
>> which is similar to twisted and POE.  I used Myriad to write the SCGI
>> client/server which can host Ruby on Rails applications.
>
> Does this do all it's socket work in C, to bypass Ruby's Thread
> blocking issues?

What blocking issue?

In any case, ruby itself uses bsd's select which, in most
implementations, degrades linearly wrt number of sockets to be
monitored.

libevent allows you to take advantage of OS-specific event monitoring
interface that has better degradation characteristics than select()
under high load.

YS.