Hi all,

From within a Ruby program, is there a way to get Ruby to re-read itself
from a specific part of the file?  Let me explain.  Say I have a method
"foo".  I would like "foo" to slurp the rest of the script into memory
and write it to a file, possibly a temp file.

For example:

1: puts "Hello World"
2: foo()
3: puts "How's it going?"

In this script I would like lines 2 and 3 (or possibly just line 3 - I'm
not sure yet), but NOT line 1, read into memory and written to a file
(by the foo method).  I thought perhaps there were some tricks I could
use with __DATA__, __END__ or __FILE__, but I wasn't sure.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Dan