Lothar Scholz wrote:
> One of the best things is that FOX is that it is without doubt the winner
> when it comes to speed problems. Populate the FXTreeList with 10000
> items in less then a second ? No problem for FOX. Odr do you want to
> put up a complex form dialog in 100 ms - don't try this with QT oder GTK.

This is definitely a plus!

> The major problem are no unicode, restricted widget set (no styled
> text widget - but scintilla works as third party, no HTML widget), a
> really bad implementation of menus and no theming.

Well, visually pleasing applications do tend to be favoured amongst the
   'commoners' , even if they are slower.

That said, I have read some complaints about the supposed slow speed of
wxRuby, but so far I'm very satisfied with the speed of the wxRuby
application I'm working on now (it is at least 'fast enough').

Baalbek