Hi list,

IĄ­m a bloody newbie in ruby, and the only thing worth to be called
language i learned was php.
although itĄ­s really fun and really enlightening for me to learn ruby,
there is one thing i miss:
ruby has no documentation that i am able to understand as a newcomer.
while that may be a lack of intelligence on my side, i donĄ­t think that
is the reason ^^
i slapped my brain around with the way to program OO, and as i finally
begin to understand how that is done, i imagine there are better ways to
learn it and i have gone through unnecessary pain.
there is the Pragmatic Programmers Guide
(http://www.rubycentral.com/book/) and thatĄ­s it. (at least i didnĄ­t see
any other tutorials)
i have learned a lot through that tutorial, and maybe i really have to
buy all the ruby-books at amazon to stay up to date with changes on ruby.

i really would like a kind of php.net (http://www.php.net) for ruby, and
i am willing to contribute an enormous amount of time into a thing like
that (but well, iĄ­m a noob - i canĄ­t do that myself)
is there something like that? (maybe in some alpha-stage?)
i know ruby-docs, but that helps only when you have understood it already
is there some tutorial on OO itself? so we could use it and write a
ruby-version of it...

i donĄ­t know if iĄ­m only ignorant of the whole ruby-sphere out there, or
if it really exists only in japanese...

thx for your contribution
Michael Fellinger