On Aug 8, 2005, at 6:41 AM, Matthew Margolis wrote:

> Matthew Margolis wrote:
>

>> Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:
>>

>>> Keep in mind that Gmail only allows attachments up to 10Mb in
>>> size.  So you will have to split it into 10Mb chunks and send
>>> multiple emails.
>>> HTH
>>> -Ezra Zygmuntowicz
>>> WebMaster
>>> Yakima Herald-Republic Newspaper
>>> ezra / yakima-herald.com
>>> 509-577-7732

>> Was this implemented in the last month or two?  I have 11MB
>> attachments that I have sent through gmail.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Matthew Margolis
>>

> Nevermind I found the blurb on gmail's site.  I guess I am going to
> need to figure out a new backup system.
>
> -Matthew Margolis

Mathew-
     You can still do this with gmail. You just need to split the
tar.gz file into 10MB chunks. If you are on linux or OSX have a look
at $ man split. You can make the tar.gz backup of the whole htdocs
folder and then run it through split which can split it up into 10Mb
chunks then loop through and attach one chunk to each email until the
whole backup is complete. Then when you need to restore a backup you
just append the chunks together and untar/gzip just like normal. Let
me know how you come along on this script as I could use something
similar. Actually why don't you contact me off list and we can work
together to make this script? I'm sure some poeple would find it
useful and we can post it back to the list here once it is finished.
HTH-
-Ezra Zygmuntowicz
Yakima Herald-Republic
WebMaster