From: Hiroshi IGARASHI <igarashi / ueda.info.waseda.ac.jp>
Subject: [ruby-talk:01510] Re: Ruby/GTK 0.23 released
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 16:21:19 +0900

> I read ruby-talk so you need not CC to me.

ok :^)

> Please post announce on freshmeat with Glade/Ruby.

I don't think Glade/Ruby is ready for that...

I think freshmeat differs from RAA, where author/maintainer is
responsible for updating at RAA but not at freshmeat.  So I think if
someone find glade/ruby useful, it will be posted. *grin*

> On posting, what infomation is required?
> URL of primary site, archive file, and any?

you can see it in contribution -> app. index section.

                       name:  Example: PHP
             stable version:  Example: 3.0.11
               dev. version:  Example: 4.0B1
                   homepage:  Example: http://www.php.net/
                   download:  Example: http://www.php.net/downloads.php3
              alt. download:  Example: ftp://ftp.php.net/pub/distributions/
                  changelog:  Example:http://www.php.net/ChangeLog.php3
                mirror list:  Example: http://www.php.net/mirrors.php3
                        deb:  Example: http://packages.debian.org/php
             author's email:  Example: rasmus / php.net
                  co-author:  Example: Zeev Suraski
          co-author's email:  Example: zeev / php.net
                  co-author:  Example: Zeev Suraski
             oneliner desc.:  Example: HTML-embedded scripting language
                 depends on:  Example: Webserver
                   category:
                    license:

and quote from the page

> Various fields are mandtory, such as the application name, download
> URL, author, oneliner and description. You also have to choose an
> appropriate category to store your application in.

I don't remember which one is required or not, but it tell you if you
miss it.

well I thought I did it for Ruby/Gtk, but not up yet.  I might missed
some thing critical, or does it just taking longer than it used to?
--
             yashi