Hi,

In message "Re: new block notation (was: Re: ruby-dev summary 26468-26661)"
    on Sun, 7 Aug 2005 01:21:09 +0900, "Trans" <transfire / gmail.com> writes:

|>  2) Methods and Lambdas require specific arguments; Blocks do not.
|
|That's the ONLY difference between lambdas and blocks? I'm not even
|sure what that means. I assume you mean that the "binding" of a block
|is to the receiver, whereas for a lambda to the context in which it is
|defined?

TWO differences.

  * Methods and Lambdas require specific arguments; Blocks do not.

  * return in Lambdas terminate the lambda execution; return in

    Blocks terminate surrounding method, or error if there isn't
    surrounding method anymore.

But I'm not yet sure if I will introduce separated new class: Lambda.

							matz.