Wolfgang NŠŇasi-Donner ha scritto:
<snip>

> I am interested in a early integration of Oniguruma into Ruby too. I will be in a Health cure clinic for
> cancer follow-up treatment starting end of next week for up to 6 weeks, accompanied by my good old Notebook,
> having a lot of time, but without regular access to the internet.

I hope you'll be home safely soon

> The installation for making tests is extracted from 'ruby-1.9.0-20050722-i386-mswin32.zip', all additionally
> required dlls are installed too, and it works on Windows2000.
>
> I can make the following tests:
>
> - Test of all regular expression patterns listed in the Pickaxe book and several combinations of them
>
> - Test of all regular expression options listed in the Pickaxe Book and several combinations of them
>
> - Test of everything related to the classes Regex and MatchData, and relevant parts of class String
>
> - Test of other regular expression usages (e.g. split)
>
> - Test related to features of Oniguruma, which are not part of the old pattern matching engine

notice that there are some more place you can consider:
- rubicon[1] used to be a test suite for the interpreter, ATM it is
somewhat out of sync, but most of the regex tests still pass or have
minor problems (i.e. a warning message is changed).
Sadly, cvs-HEAD seem to fail different tests than ruby_1_8, so it may be
hard to replace the current engine ad it is now.

It would be nice if rubicon could be updated in the process :)

the second place is
- the test suite for the pure ruby regexp package[1] from
Simon Strandgaard. I think many tests may be uninteresting or duplicated
WRT rubicon, but maybe it could be useful

About reporting: maybe you can use the bug tracker for ruby at rubyforge?

[1]http://rubyforge.org/projects/rubytests/
[2]http://rubyforge.org/projects/aeditor/