Erik,

I've been using rsubyscript2exe pretty heavily recently, on both linux
and windows, for distributing executables to teammates who shouldn't be
bothered with installing the ruby interpreter and libraries. So far, the
executables have included some distributed application components that
these people talk to using a C API. But I think I'll also replace this
complex API with a simple API and sockets to a rubyscript2exe-generated
executable, which will make life easier both for me and for the folks
who have to drive the API, and it will reduce the likelihood of
programmer error in using the complex API. I don't think I would have
tried this if it depended on everyone installing ruby.

Thanks!