Hi,

In message "Re: new block notation (was: Re: ruby-dev summary 26468-26661)"
    on Fri, 5 Aug 2005 22:25:28 +0900, Gavin Kistner <gavin / refinery.com> writes:

|Will lambdas be interchangeable with methods? Or do you envision the
|future of Ruby as still having at least three distinct functional items:
|   * Blocks
|   * Lambdas (whatever the syntax)
|   * Methods
|
|(And by distinct, I mean more than just different syntax for defining
|them; that internally they will be different, non-interchangeable
|objects.)

They are all different for good reasons, but I do want to keep them
all quack like ducks.  They all can be invoked by "call".  They all
can tell numbers of their arguments by using "arity".  They all can be
supplied as block arguments prefixing '&'.

							matz.