I've got an outer join using postgres and am using the insert and update
rules to update the underlying tables.  The problem I am having is rails
keeps wanting a column ID.  I have d.id but no id by itself.  I even
tried creating a view of a view, but it was not fooled.  Here are my
views.

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW  englishdataentries_primitive AS
   SELECT
d.id,a.attribute_id,a.attribute_name_value,a.attribute_type,d.thedata
from datas d right outer join  attribute_names a on d.attribute_id =
a.attribute_id
   WHERE a.language_id IN (select id from LANGUAGES where
language_description='english') and a.base_table_id = 1 ;

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW  englishdataentries AS
   SELECT  id as
id,attribute_id,attribute_name_value,attribute_type,thedata
   FROM englishdataentries_primitive;

Any ideas how I can get it not to say "Couldn't find Englishdataentry
without an ID".  I'm not updating the view anyway so the error is
killing me and I would just assume not have it thrown.

Thanks

--
Peter Kellner
http://peterkellner.net