On Jul 31, 2005, at 10:01 PM, Dave Burt wrote:

> Hi David,
>

>> Sorry if this is too late to be a legitimate entry.
>>

> It is probably legitimate enough for James to add to the official
> solutions
> collection.

Definitely!  It should be up now.  (Sorry for the delay.  I was out
of town.)

There's really no such thing as a "legitimate entry", to my mind.

I look at what I have to look at when it is time to write a summary.
That just means you have to beat that time (usually Wednesday after a
quiz is released) if you want me to take an in-depth look at the code
and possibly decide to talk about it in the summary.  Of course,
there's nothing magically significant about any of that and I do try
to link to ALL solutions I see, no matter when they come in.

My favorite aspect of Ruby Quiz is the priceless collection of
example code we have built for the community just by playing our
little games.  My favorite way to learn a new library is to find a
Ruby Quiz solution that used it.  You can contribute to something
like this at any time.

>> James, what is the official way to submit an entry?  If posting to
>> the
>> list is good enough, here you go.  :-)
>>

> Posting to the list (or newsgroup) is the only way to submit an entry.

Technically, you can also mail them directly to me.  There is a link
in the Ruby Quiz FAQ for this.  Of course, I just forward them to
this list.  It's really just a service for people not on this list
that want their code seen by all.

This is definitely the "official" Ruby Quiz channel.

James Edward Gray II