Quoting James Britt <james_b / neurogami.com>:

> In other words, what is the value in encouraging people to contribute to
> CodeZoo?

While I basically agree with this, I think overall the fact that Ruby
is getting
more attention on a site like O'Reilly's is a good thing.  If some
people are in
the mindset that "it's not a Real Language (TM) until O'Reilly gets
involved/prints a book/has a website" (as silly as this is) then I think it's
all for the better.  I probably won't ever contribute anything directly to
CodeZoo, but if they happen to pick up any Ruby from another source then I
don't see a problem.  Think of it as a "get the word out" site for newcomers,
while most of the traditional activity will still be on RubyForge, RAA, etc.

Just my $0.02.