On 8/4/05, Martin Elzen <martinelzen / hotmail.com> wrote:
> >Now ruby(HEAD) accepts the notation '->(...){...}'
>
> I like that new block notation as well.  Somehow it's always felt just the
> slightest bit 'off', to me, to specify a block's arguments within the
> block...  The new notation seperates the specification of a block's
> arguments (which doesn't really belong *in* the block, somehow, IMO) from
> the code that says what you're going to *do* with those arguments (which
> certainly does belong in the block)...  The new way feels just a slight bit
> more correct, somehow.

Aww, but now it looks even less like Smalltalk! I kid, I will live
just fine with either notation style, although I prefer the current
style. I'll keep on using the current style for as long as it is
available, for one simple reason: less punctuation.

Kind Regards,

Brian Wisti
http://coolnamehere.com/