Last night in Portland we had a very good turnout for FOSCON (the Free
Open Source Convention).  Speakers included:
 - David Heinemeier Hansson (Rails)
 - Rich Kilmer (Flash integration with Rails)
 - Glenn Vanderburg (Ruby and MetaProgramming)
 - Why the lucky stiff (Music, shadow puppets, audience participation
via drb, Rubyfun, animated Least Surprised)

Why's performance is hard to describe.  Suffice it to say he had us all
in stitches.  I think he's really on to something with this drb/irb
audience participation thing. At a greedier venue patents would be
filed. This will no doubt set the trend in interactive presentations for
years to come.  Perhaps the end of PowerPoint is near. The age of
mixed-media drb-enabled shadow puppets is here.

Pictures can be found here:
http://flickr.com/photos/tags/foscon/

A small writeup and another picture (the one in the center) can be found
here:
http://rubyurl.com/VhbaO

Phil