The Ruby jEdit plugin can format code as you type it. To do this set
the "enter" key to be a shortcut for the action "Auto indent and
insert end". Then when you hit enter, the plugin will indent the new
line if needed, it'll also add the 'end' keyword if necessary.

At present there isn't a feature to indent a preexisting Ruby file.

Cheers,
Rob